January 13, 2012

January 3, 2012: Back on the nursing track!

Am an early riser today! Woke up at 5 and went out to, well, start my year right. Went south bound and submitted my requirements to 2 tertiary hospitals. I kinda got fed up with this routine last year after my 3-month training at Air Force. But this time, I ain't giving up. I know I have been thinking lately of shifting to another field for the meantime and ditch the nursing path. I am still considering it though. But I told to myself that if ever I will find the guts to do that, I would only do something that I AM IN LOVE WITH. Which is somewhere in the field of arts, entertainment, music, media, fashion, journalism and the like. Oh yes, these are JUST a few of my frustrations in life. FYI: Masscom was my 3rd choice of course when I was in college (next to Nursing and Physical Therapy). If only PLM offers Photography or Conservatory of Music, they most likely might have won me over!


But last night, I realized that I still want to pursue the profession I have chosen. Yeah, it gets tougher every year cause technically, the number of (unemployed) nurses in the country is insanely increasing while the number of job offers, in a hospital setting that is, is unfortunately heading the other way around. I guess it's still "survival of the fittest" after all. 


Yes, I'm keeping my fingers cross this time. Hopefully praying for a callback this month. Simultaneously, I will follow up my applications to past hospitals that I have submitted my requirements to last year. Here's to the fighting spirit! 


If there's one thing that I would really want this year, it is to land a job (and hopefully still in the field of my profession) with proper compensation and benefits. Yes I am fed up with what they call "training" which is roughly a very cliche' euphemism of EXPLOITATION.


So for now, all that's left to do is wait, hope and pray. I know something good awaits me this year. I just have to believe. Like what they usually say, "It's the law of attraction!"


I WILL BECOME A NURSE THIS YEAR. I WILL BECOME A PROPERLY COMPENSATED PROFESSIONAL NURSE and I'm sticking to it! I shit you not! :)



For now, here's a picture of me in white uniform back when I was still in hospital "training" (Law of attraction, baby! hihi). Nothing beats a genuine smile of a tired, exploited BUT happy nurse! :D

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...